Thursday, May 04, 2006

Side of the Road








The city where I live currently increases in population by about 11,000 a year. It was the fastest growing city in the nation last year. As a result, I am surrounded by construction and homes. There is an empty lot that I drive by almost everyday. I am sure it will be some kind of office complex in a year or so, but I have always wanted to try some photos there. Its surrounded by two streets, homes, and a mobile home storage lot, so on first look, its not the greatest spot. I talked my sister in law into going with me. I stepped out of the car only to be swarmed on my feet by huge fire ants. I was wearing flip flops as it was already almost 90 degrees at 9am!!! See, growing up in the midwest, I didn't mind ants. They never bit me. Here, even the tiny black ones bite. Ants are a real pain here. So, we moved to another spot and tried to avoid the ants. Luckily the kids had boots on. I think the background turned out pretty nice for an empty lot in the desert!

1 comment:

Julyssa Schenk said...

Great pictures...I definitely need a new camera...I keep delaying the inevitable.