Friday, October 13, 2006

Hawaii is calling me back




Had the fabulous opportunity to take a 6 day trip to Hawaii as a gift from my fabulous husband. We went alone and let me tell you, if you have not been to Kauai or Maui.....GO! Its been a month since we went, and I can't quite get it out of my mind. Hawaii is calling me back.
In case you are wondering, we spent the first few days in Maui at the Maui Prince on Makena Beach. The best part about it was the peacfulness. Its smaller than some of the other resorts on that strip, and its just a little farther down the strip of resorts which makes it much quieter. The hotel staff was soooooooooooooooooo kind and helpful and pleasant. We had the same waiter at breakfast every morning eaten out by the koy pond and we met wonderful people who we ran into everyday as it was not overly crowded. I HIGHLY reccommend it, and it is cheaper than some of the resorts down the road too! I wouldn't recommend bringing children to the Prince. The Grand Wailea might be a better choice if you have kids in tow....they have miles of awesome swimming pools!and its very very big and grand.
Photos of Kauai coming soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those pictures!!! Did you manage to leave just before the earthquake?
How fun that you were able to take a trip!!! We're supposed to do that too but I'm not holding my breath.

Since you lived in St. Louis and were asking about my house it's off Geyer Rd. on Oak Valley Dr. You can't see the main house or my house from the road because the 6 acre property is tucked behind the houses that face the street. AH, it was heavenly :o)